1416 Granby Road
Chicopee, MA 01020

(413) 593-5010
Fax: (413) 593-6310

Smart Choice...
Very Smart



8:00am - 5:00 pm



Q: What do I do if I am involved in an auto accident?

 1.) The first thing you should do is STAY CALM!
 2.) If you can drive the vehicle, please move it to the side of the road to help clear any traffic                     problems which may occur as a result of the accident.
     3.) Contact the police.
     4.) Exchange insurance information with others involved in accident. You should also obtain driver's
          license information and license plate numbers.
     5.) Notify your insurance company of the accident.
     6.) Have your car towed to Don Roy's Auto Body.
     7.) Do not move your vehicle until proper authorities have been notified.

Q: To whom do I pay my deductible?

A: The body shop will collect your deductible.

Q: How long will it take?

A: It depends upon the severity of the accident. At Don Roy's Auto Body, we will complete the repairs in a timely manner. We know how important it is to have your vehicle back as soon as possible.

Q: Who guarantees the work done to my vehicle?  

A: The auto body shop guarantees the work. No matter what your insurance company tells you…

Q:  Will the paint match?

A: Our computerized paint matching system guarantees a perfect match every time.

Q: You are not on my Insurance Company’s referral list but I would like to have my repairs completed at your shop. What are my rights?

A: Massachusetts law protects your right to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice. At Don Roy’s Auto Body, we accept all Massachusetts Insurance claims.

Q: What do I do if I have received my Insurance check
but it has a lien holder on it?

A: We can provide the paperwork you need in order to have your check endorsed by the lien holder. However, to simplify the payment process, we can assist you with setting up direct payment to our shop upon request. Sorry, we cannot accept a check with a lien that has not been endorsed.

Q: When should I worry about a surcharge?

A: If your insurance company pays out more than $500.00, surcharge steps will begin. If your claim is over $1000.00 and you have a $500.00 deductible, you should inquire with your insurance company. If you have  $300.00 deductible, you may accrue steps if your claim is over $800.00.

Q: Do you recommend using OEM parts versus Aftermarket?

A: “OEM” or Original Equipment Manufactured parts are always better when it comes to application, fit, trim, and finish. Aftermarket (A/M) parts are produced by generic manufacturers to substitute for these original parts. They are cost effective and safe to use in repairs, but they just do not compare when it comes to quality.